the 73, my patience, and the next thing....

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: the 73, my patience, and the next thing....
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:13:02 -0700
I'm having both my patience and my sanity tried by my little car.  I've
posted - and since fixed - a fuel-into-the sump problem, which consumed most
of my weekend, and now, another little gremlin, this time electrical, has
surfaced to try me.  I noticed last night on a test drive, the interior
light (on a 73 it's above the ignition key, under the dash) was on, and
flickered every so often.  I figured it was a switch in the door pillar
problem, so didn't worry to much, figuring I'd get to it today.   Well,
today, I removed both door switches and the light remained on.  Not full
brightness, but quite bright in itself.  I have Bentleys book and spend much
time trying to follow the circuit   - Oh, yes, I broke the bulb (oops, on
the floor) in the process-- ant it appears to be a simple circuit with
nothing major wired into it.  I'm stumped as to where to look next.  It cold
be a short touching, it could be leakage from a failed component, it could
even be caused by my newly installed electric fuel pump.

Fuel pump  - installed as follows.. the top fuse on the fuse box appears
unused, so I jumpered the feed to the fuse below (has power with key on,
none when off) and ran the lead to the pump from the other side of the fuse.
I tried removing the connector etc, but the light stayed on, but, I was
getting frazzled, so I may have overlooked something here..

So, I'm open to all suggestions, advice, experience....

Ken
73 TR6
CF7000U0