Re: anybody know the VTR results

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: anybody know the VTR results
From: Dennis N Culligan <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:48:06 -0400
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Sterrett Smith wrote:

> Does anybody know who won the early/late TR6 categories or TR250
> category in either participant's choice or concours at the VTR?

   There were only 4 TR6s entered in the Concours at VTR 2004 (1 early,
3 late).  I seem to remember 15 or more at Portland,ME.  Not sure why the
turnout was so low - Concours is not something to be afraid of.  There
were at least 40 TR6s in Participant's Choice, and a number of them ap-
peared to be at least as good as my car.

    I don't know the owners' name of the Early car, but the Late TR6
results
are as follows:
    1st   - Joe Fazio (Gold Cerifficate)
    2nd -  Chip Kraut (Silver Certificate)
    3rd -   Me!  (Silver Certificate)

   Note that I drove the car 430 miles to Richmond, drove all over Rich-
mond for 3 days, Autocrossed in the HIGHLY competitive M4 (Modified
6 cylinder) class (and managed to be 5th out of 10 cars - not bad when
3 of the people who beat me were Marty Sukey, Richard Good and Bob
Lang) and then wiped the dirt off the car and put it in the Concours.

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U - TR6IUMPH / Highland, NY