Re: Reliability Survey

To: "'6 Pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Reliability Survey
From: "Andrew Packard" <apackard68@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:37:39 -0700
IMHO:
#1 Ignition system
#2 Oil leaks
#3 Misc. electrical issues
#4 (Tie) Transmissions and Differentials

Nearly all issues are due to things being old.  Especially the electical and
rubber ones.  Brake MC and calipers can't last forever, but hey, if you
drive your Triumph as much as your Toyota, repairs are to be expected.  Ask
your Toyota dealer how much a complete brake system overhaul would cost, and
$ spent on your frequently-driven Triumph doesn't sting so much.

I replaced the wiring harness in my TR250 and still think it was the best
money I spent on the car.  Except for a poorly installed Petronix ignition
system that wrapped aroung the rotor, my first TR250 has not left me
stranded anywhere (knock on dash).

Good luck, listen carefully for strange things as you drive, be aware of
mysterious odors, and enjoy the opportunites to repair your own car!

Andy
CD6521L
CD6746L