RE: Seat mouning location

To: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>, 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Seat mouning location
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:48:07 -0600
Richard,
   When the tracks are securely bolted in (4 bolts per runner) and the catch
plates on the rear of the runners are properly adjusted for the seat catches.
The seats should appear to lean slightly to the center line of the car when
viewed from the rear. This is more noticeable on the fixed headrest seats like
I have in my '72 TR6.
   When both seats are in it actually looks correct, but more noticeable when
there is only one seat in. There are specific left and right seats and the
adjustment and release hardware should be on the outsides of the seat, not by
the prop shaft tunnel.
   A friend of mine had two passenger seats in his '72 and both seats leaned
to the left, correct for passenger side but looked funny on the drivers side
and caused problems if he tried to lift the seat forward when the top was up.
Plus, his adjuster and release levers were very difficult for him to access on
his drivers side seat since they were by the prop shaft tunnel.

  At least this is what I'm familiar with on the fixed headrest seats in my
'72. If you have the '69 seats with the headrest that folds forward... it
could be different.

Shawn J. Loseke
1972 TR6
Fort Collins, CO