Dizzy adjustment.

To: 6pack@autox.team.net (The 6 Pack List)
Subject: Dizzy adjustment.
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:48:36 +0000
Oh mighty list..

I stared my six for the first time this week, Since Feb '03. The whole basement
is still full of blue smoke, but it ran and I'm very happpy. But the wife is a
little miffed, should of started it outside I guess, I wan't thinking that
clearly at 1:30 in the AM..

Anyway, it took a while, but I had to manually turn the dizzy clockwise as I
started the car. That's right I stood outside with my right hand on the key to
start it, and my left on the dizzy turning it. I went from turned all the way
counter clockwise, to almost locked (turning dizzy counterclockwise). The more
I turned it clockwise the smoother the car ran, When I had it all the way over
(I had to disconnect the tack to do it). The car ran pretty good, the new
rebuilt carbs needed some adjustment but the car ran smooth, and I reved it up
a bit to splash the oil as described by the previous posts..

But this dizzy install must be wrong, every 6 I've ever seen has the vacume
facing the firewall, it's facing the wheel well now. I can't even connect the
tach cable because it's turned so far over (clockwise). But that's the only way
it will run. Anyone have a clue as to what I've done wrong?

Also I did pull it, spin the shaft 180 deg, and reinstall the dizzy to see if
that woul let me adjust the thing back a little, but to no avail. I stall have
to turn it all the way to lock clockwise, to get the car to run.

Happpy it ran but a little confused and counting revs on my fingers in Brooklyn.

--
Gene Hart
genehart@att.net