Re: Spam Alert: Re: High Energy Ignitions

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spam Alert: Re: High Energy Ignitions
From: "Nick Gemas" <gln@worldpath.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 20:54:24 -0400
>Well Guys,
I'm still struggling here. I had the car running great for about a day ,then
I noticed it began to miss. It progressively got worse and I limped back
home. I checked everything out and it seemed fine but I can't get this thing
to run right. I'm not crazy here, I can hear something jumping around under
the cap. I'm beginning to think part of the problem is with the optical
trigger Crane sold me. The mounting bracket it metal and stands about a 1/4
" under the rotating rotor tip. As you know a TR6 rotor does not have the
last 1/2"  insulated in the rotor plastic. I believe the spark is
intermittently jumping to this bracket. I used a timing light to observe all
the cylinders and it seemed the  plug that was missing is right over this
bracket. The top of the bracket appears to be pitted as well as the
underside of the rotor.
    Dick , you mentioned I should set my static timing at TDC #1 or 10 deg
BTDC ? Which should I start with? I don't use the vacuum advance or retard.

Any help would really  be great. You guys are the BEST!!

Thanks Nick