Modern alternative for Delft Blue

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Modern alternative for Delft Blue
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 18:12:13 EDT
Has anyone come across a modern paint equivalant to the '74 Delft Blue used
on the 6?

I'm very close to actually getting color on my 6 and just when I thought I
had decided on Emerald or Conifer, I saw a couple of 6's done in Delft Blue
that  looked very nice.  Since I've never owned a blue car I thought about
giving
 it a try.  Here's the problem...my paint supplier says that it isn't
available either in the PPG or Dupont books as a two stage system which I want
use.  They show a cross reference to a Ford Royal Blue and my supplier  was g
ood enough to give me 1/2 pint to try but it looks very dark.  Haven't  sprayed
it yet and I assume it will lighten a bit but it looks very dark in the  can.

Any suggestions ?

Micky Long
'72 TR6

Check out the new British Cars Forum: