MSD 6A run on questions

To: "6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: MSD 6A run on questions
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 22:01:19 -0500
 I would ask MSD these questions, but there hotline is closed on the weekends.
Hey that's when everyone works on these things right? How dare they be
closed!
  My question is that I'm experiencing run on when the ignition is turned off
and as MSD recommends that a diode be installed between the little red wire
from the MSD 6A and the original positive wire which once went to the coil and
is now connected to the little red wire on the MSD. I've connected the diode
in the correct direction and the car won't cut off unless you disconnect the
diode. That doesn't seen right to me as the diode should keep the motor from
running once the switch is turned off.
 I have points and a Lucas sport coil, no ballast.

  Thanks for any help.

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com<mailto:RSH17@msn.com>
View My restoration @