Re: MSD 6A run on questions

To: rsh17@msn.com (Richard Seaton)
Subject: Re: MSD 6A run on questions
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 22:31:40 -0700
Richard---I don't have the MSD6-A model anymore, but recall the original
White wire that went to the (+) side of the coil should no longer be
involved in powering the coil. This White wire might still be "on" the
plus side of the coil, but should be connected to an insulated block.
(Same thing goes for the Black wire from the distributor to the coil (-)
side). This is to allow the original wires to be "handy" in case you
want to use the jumper wires provided in the kit, to return to the stock
configuration.
 MSD instructions should show exactly which color wires go where on the
coil.

I do remember reading that a diode could be used to prevent a  "sneak"
voltage, as some (Dan?) like to call it.  I never had the run-on so
didn't find it necessary to add the diode.

Since MSD makes model changes every now and then, your setup might be
different from what I remember it to be like. I would re-read the
instructions, and if everything is as they say, others, or the MSD staff
should be able to help on Monday.

Dick

Check out the new British Cars Forum: