Paint

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Paint
From: "Wente" <dlwrew@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 04:39:00 -0500
With all the discussion about Delft Blue, I have to ask if anyone has
researched the equivalent formula in base/clear for my absolute favorite,
Magenta, available on the 6 only in 73 and 74. Shop wants me to use acrylic
enamel, but I am progressing up the learning curve with urethane. Have heard
mention about a single stage urethane, any details? Using an old Capspray
backpack HVLP for application, hey, if it works for urethane varnish on
furniture, and base/clear coat for classic Volvos, it should work for TRs,
right. Finish is 50/50. Great at 50 mph or 50 feet! Suggestions accepted.

Rick Wente
Stillwater, MN

74 TR6 Magenta wanna be, presently Mallard Green, with blown rod

Check out the new British Cars Forum: