RE: removing intake and exhaust manifolds/replacing gasket

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: removing intake and exhaust manifolds/replacing gasket
From: "Campsmith, Michael" <MGC4@cdc.gov>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 08:58:43 -0400
Thanks to all who responded with information on removing the intake and
exhaust manifolds and replacing the gasket.

A suggestion was made to have the exhaust manifold ceramic coated.  Any
thoughts on this from the list?  How much does this cost?  Does anyone
have a vendor they can recommend?

BTW--Last Saturday I bolted the wheels on and rolled the chassis down
the driveway--nearly 6 months after starting the restoration.  Damn,
this is taking a long time!  But the only way is forward so I have to
persevere.

Thanks to the list for help with my questions so far--there are sure to
be many more to come.

Michael Campsmith
1974 TR6 (now in slightly less than a million pieces)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: