RE: "Hot Oil Bath"

To: "'Don Malling'" <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: RE: "Hot Oil Bath"
From: "Steve Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:38:52 -0700
Don,

I have been using "Hi-Temp Disc Brake" wheel bearing grease from
Sta-Lube for years on anything that has a loadable bearing.  I have
never had a problem with any of them.

Stephen Hanselman

A second question on wheel bearing grease: You seem to refer to it a lot

-- using wheel bearing grease. I believe GC_LB is the highest rating for

wheel bearing grease -- maybe any automotive grease. Is there any reason

I can't use Extreme Pressure GC_LB wheel bearing grease in the U-Joints,

drive shaft spline, axle splines and suspension? That is, most anywhere,

unless oil is called for such as in the Vertical Link Trunions?

Check out the new British Cars Forum: