Re: GT6 head

To: "6Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT6 head
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 23:09:10 +0100
The recent post querying suitability of GT6 head on a TR (?) is, with
respect to the various replies I read, not an exact science. Contrary to
popular opinion there were many variations on the basic 6 cyl head as fitted
to GT6 Vitesse 2000 saloon TR and 2500 carb and injection engines. Valves
sizes and porting varied, compression ratios were all over the place, deck
heights were variable and the existence (or not) of EGR humps all made for
important variations. In certain cases, the head will not fit at all owing
to differences in cyl head stud diameter.
If the person interested in buying the head can provide me with a particular
number off-list, I'll be happy to advise the original spec from the the S-T
Engineering data in my possession. The number I require is stamped within
the valve cover area towards the front end of the head and between nos 2 and
3 valve guides. External casting and part numbers are irrelevant for theis
exercise.

Jonmac

"In the Shadow of my Father" aka "Life at Triumph"
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook

---