Seat Belts

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat Belts
From: "Michael Corbitt" <Michael_Corbitt@ous.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:21:02 -0700
I would like to get a few opinions about seatbelts.  I need to replace the 35
year old seat belts in my TR6.  I have the single lap belt and would like to go
to the 3 point shoulder belt.  I researched the archives but did not locate any
information about the pluses or minuses of going with an inertia reel belt
verses the one you just throw behind the seat when you're not using it.  A few
questions.  Are some brands better than others?  Do the big 3 essentially carry
the same brands?  I found snippets of information in the archives about the
Securon belt which indicated it is sold by Moss, although I did not see it
listed as such on the Moss web site.  Is this a better brand of inertia reel
seatbelts?   I would like to get a good quality belt as it will need to hold
the precious cargo that rides next to me (of which, some of the cargo needs to
be in a booster seat).  Thanks for any information.

Mike

Check out the new British Cars Forum: