RE: Roll Bar

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, Douglas Morris <dcmdcm@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Roll Bar
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:27:14 -0600
It definitely can interfere. When I installed my roll bar I put my seat into
my standard position, set the roll bar in place, but not fastened, and then
put the top up so I could find the optimal position. It still became a
compromise. My seat has about 2/3" clearance to the roll bar when empty and
reduces to about 1/4" clearance when I am sitting in it. (These old seats are
not very rigid.) I also changed my steering wheel to a 14" moto-lita to ease
the clearance on my thighs. The compromise I came up with works for me. Your
results may vary.

Shawn Loseke
1972 TR6
Fort Collins, CO

>===== Original Message From Douglas Morris <dcmdcm@earthlink.net> =====
>I've heard that the roll bars interfere with seat-back position.
>
>Since I'm a long-legged, long-armed fat ape over 6', I'm concerned that I
>won't be able to keep the seat slid back and reclined a bit... and that I'll
>get roll-bar hair (well, if I had any hair).
>
>Comments?
>(on the roll-bar/seat interference thing, I mean)
>
>Doug Morris, NC
>'74 CF18kUO

Check out the new British Cars Forum: