RE: Engine... distributor

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Engine... distributor
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:05:03 +0000
E bay has two right now (pretty rare these day's). One is rebushed,
the other is "factory rebuilt". I guess they reopend the Standpart
factory in England to rebuild dizzy's.  Just make sure you get the
right year dizzy for your car. The one I saw looked good at 189. And
it's instant gratification, not 3 weeks.

On ebay, search TR6 distributor

BTW- The other ways are just a lot more expensive, but usually even
more trouble too.  Buying new (pertronix etc..) makes you go with an
electronic tach. new ones don't have the cable to the dizzy
feature. $200 plus for most...Try to find one for a TR6..  If you go
for real EFI, from Rimmer in England, it could cost upwards of
$3000. Read exchange rate.  Electronic ignition is nice if the
bushings are bad, but it's really just a patch. (about $100) Lucas
MFI, is about 800 to 1000 for a complete setup used, including the
CAM. They are always on for sale on E-bay from Aulstralia or
England. And usually come with the Dizzy. But installing and tuning is
a bit steep. You will also become the envy of your car club for those
precious 30 to 40 HP gains. 135HP total for 1973.  Bypass the whole
deal with Lumenation. Do a google search. (Really big bucks) But you
also get realiabilty and a modern running car with some real HP gains.

--
Gene Hart
genehart@att.net

Check out the new British Cars Forum: