RE: Help! Lucas Flasher Alternative

To: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Help! Lucas Flasher Alternative
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:07:11 -0700
        John:

        The Lucas flasher for the turn signals is a tad undersized. You
can try using the emergency flasher unit in it's place, which is rated
for more current, but sometimes they can be a bit marginal and slow down
or stop blinking when the car idles at stop lights, for instance. It
will fit in the existing bracket, however.
        My experience has mirrored yours, and in the end I got a generic
two terminal turn signal flasher at the local auto parts store for $3.
It works great, but I had to use a zip tie to hold it up under the dash
since it is round.
        I am looking for a more permanent solution.

        Cheers,

        Vance