Gas mileage w triple carbs.

To: "6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas mileage w triple carbs.
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 16:58:01 -0500
 I had a pleasant surprise today. It was the first long journey for the TR
today. There was a car show in Lexington Ky today which is about 150 miles
from Bowling Green KY. A good time to check gas mileage figures. The best yet
was 18 MPG, which was a mix of in town and highway miles. The car has been
tweaked some since then. On the way there it got 29.8 mpg with a average speed
of 73 mph. One thing which helped was the Corvette I used for a draft and a
slight tailwind. The return trip without the draft and a head wind was 26.4
mpg with 71 mph average speed. Top down w/ tonnneau cover on both trips. VERY
pleased with this mileage. Richard Good says mileage is in the mid 20's so
he's right on.
 The car setup is- Three ZS carbs, 9.5:1 compression, Piper 270 cam, Lucas
Sport coil, MSD 6A ignition with points and OD.
  Three hundred mile round trip with no complaints....finally!
 The Car show was pretty nice w/ Porsche being the featured marquee. a plenty
of Porsches, Ferrari 265, Nash Healey, AH 100, Stutz, and plenty of other
really nice cars.

Still keeping my fingers crossed though,
Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com<mailto:RSH17@msn.com>
View My restoration @
(http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration<http://groups.msn.com/Richard