More body alignment questions

To: 6pack list <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: More body alignment questions
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:40:14 -0500
As part of my soft top replacement, I am going to correct the windscreen to
side window clearance problem that has existed since car was restored
several years ago.

The problem is that the top of the side windows graze the top of the
windscreen frame and the bottom of the window is about 1 inch away from the
frame. I'm guessing that I'll need to move the whole windscreen frame
rearward and then pull the top of the frame forward. I'm not sure how much
play I'll have once I loosen all the bolts holding the windscreen to the
body, or if the angle of the windscreen to body is an adjustment that is
easily made.

Will I need to shim the windscreen to achieve/ maintain the correct angle?
Should I align the windscreen so that the top is a bit too far forward (to
be corrected when the new top pulls it rearward)? Should I remove the
windscreen entirely to un-stick the rubber bits that may prevent easy
adjustment?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter