oil pressure light

To: 6Pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: oil pressure light
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 18:47:34 +0000

After the successful brake bleeding I have to report that the oil light came
on yesterday after about 25 miles of driving.  It came on slowly and now is
bright at any ignition setting; running, engine off, and, disconnected at
the engine block.  The oil pressure gauge reads normal.

The brake light operates normally and does not shine when the engine is
running.  Here is my best summation of the conditions:

- Good oil pressure - no weird noises.

- oil, brake, ignition lights all shine when the key is turned to the
ignitiion setting.   brake and     ignition lights go off when the engine is
started.  oil light stays on.

- oil light only when oil sender terminal is disconnected.  all other lights
are off.

Does this sound like the oil light sender now needs to be replaced?  This
seems coincidental to the brake bleeding since the brake light does not
shine during normal operation.  Your input is appreciated.

Walt Fogle
'72 TR6