Gasket Question

To: 6Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gasket Question
From: ronald weber <rmweber_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 11:45:31 -0700 (PDT)
I'm in the middle of rebuilding my engine and have a couple of questions on
some of the gaskets that came with the kit. I haven't had much luck getting a
response from Moss so I thought I'd post the inquiry.

Question #1: It appears that there are two gaskets for the front engine plate
included in the Payen Top End gasket kit. One appears to be unimpregnated brown
paper gasket and the other is an impregnated gray gasket. My instinct is to use
the gray gasket alone but why would two be supplied with the Payen kit?

Question #2: There are two gaskets that came in top end kit that are
approximately 2 3/4" square with holes in the corners that I can't seem to
place on the engine. They may be for the carbs but I thought four are needed
for the carbs? They are pink-colored as shown in the attached link.
http://home.comcast.net/~ronald.weber/MAIN.HTML

Question #3: The lower end gasket set included a brown gasket 1 7/16" x 3 1/4"
that I also can't place on the engine. It is also shown in the attached image.

Any help and guidance is appreciated!

Ron
71TR6

 Sell on Yahoo! Auctions  - No fees. Bid on great items.