Re: Propeller shaft splines frozen

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Propeller shaft splines frozen
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 13:23:28 -0700
Rich---It may not ever be necessary for you to take the splined shafts
"apart" but some movement here is necessary in the driveshaft.
Removing the transmission without being able to push the propshaft
(flange) back could complicate matters.

Dick

Rich wrote:
6-Pack listers,
Seems like my driveshaft splines are frozen. I took the driveshaft out
to put on new u joints and figured I would clean and grease the splines.
I can unscrew the collar on the back end of the front section of the
driveshaft but I can't separate the spline. Any thoughts on this. Should
I just leave it alone?
Regards,
Rich Smalling
Sterling, Virginia