RE: TR6 lives again!!!! And a few questions

To: "Six Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 lives again!!!! And a few questions
From: "Campsmith, Michael" <mgc4@cdc.gov>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 08:16:26 -0400
Thanks to everyone who responded to my question regarding a failed
Pertronix electronic ignition.

One hypothesis involved welding.  I had a couple areas of the frame
reinforced while the engine was in the rolling chassis.  Could it be
that the current from the welding fried the Pertronix?  Neither the
battery nor ground strap was installed at the time of the welding, but
all plug and coil connections were in place.

Hopefully there won't be a need for frame welding in the future, but
I'll be sure to take out the new Pertronix if the need ever comes up.

Now another question:  How to route the oil cooler lines.  There is
obviously a need to keep the lines from fouling on the steering coupler
or hanging low and snagging road debris.  Any advice from someone who
has BTDT is most appreciated.

For the next few days Atlanta will be suffering the fallout from
Hurricane Dennis so there won't be any seat time for me.  But once the
sun comes out I plan to as well.

Thanks to all for your advice and support.

Michael Campsmith
1974 TR6--now British Racing Green