New caliper pistons fit tight

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: New caliper pistons fit tight
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 03:34:43 -0400
How tight should the new calipers be in the cylinders. Mine are very tight.
Almost can't even turn
them in the cylinders. I bead blasted the cylinder cavity so I know the rubber
seal groove was very
clean. Hmmm I put some of that red brake lube in the groove. Maybe that was a
mistake. I'll clean it
out. I just had to remove one because I put it together w/o the dust boot. It
was harder to get this
new one apart than it was the old rusty ones.

Anyway should I be able to insert and withdraw the pistons easily -- by hand
w/o tools or do they
fit tighter than that? How tight is too tight? I guess I don't have a feel for
how powerful the
hydraulic system is.

Even if the hydraulics are strong enough to push the piston out, what causes
the brake pads to pull
away from the rotors when the brake pedal is released? These pistons are so
tight, I would imagine
they would drag on the rotors.

Thanks,

Don Malling