Re: TR6 on ebay, what is that vertical cylinder ?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 on ebay, what is that vertical cylinder ?
From: Patrick Bloem <patrick.bloem@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 04:14:48 -0700 (PDT)
I had one of these on my TR250 when I bought it
waaaayyy back in 1977.  It is called a Frantz oil
filter.  It is an additional filter that uses of all
things for an element..a roll of toilet paper.  I used
it once or twice but it leaked and removed it.  The
theory was that by having this you only had to
struggle with the main filter every 3rd oil change.
TP is cheaper than stock elements and it is easier to
change.  Kind of funky.
Patrick Bloem
68 TR250
86 XJ6