Re: Boot light

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Boot light
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:55:30 -0700
Colin---Methinks that Triumph rewired the later cars so the trunk light
would only switch on with the parking or headlights because of
complaints about dead batteries. If the switch wasn't "opened" when the
trunk lid was closed, one would never know it. Over a certain time
period, this would drain the battery. Less likely to happen if wired in
with other more obvious switches.

Maybe Jonmac was in on this change, way back?!

Dick

colinthom@shaw.ca(COLIN THOM) Date: Fri, Jul 22, 2005, 7:19am To:
6pack@autox.team.net Subject: boot light

Hi Listers...is the boot light supposed to come on ONLY when the
headlights are turned on? I'm sure mine's correctly wired, but that's
what it does. I suppose it makes sense that ya don't need the boot light
unless it's dark out, but it does seem kinda stupid (read "British")
that ya have to turn the headlights on. Thanks. colinthom@shaw.ca