Delco installation complete!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Delco installation complete!
From: rhill <hill@mninter.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 13:39:20 -0500
Many thanks to the list, and a special thanks to Dick Taylor and
Vance Navarrette (as well as Todd Burmudez, though I didn't get his
response until I had completed the conversion....)

Pretty simple to complete.  I had to trim the front motor plate to
match the contour of the alternator lower bracket (dremel), and I had
to fab an upper bracket (around a turnbuckle, now tensioning is a
snap).  Electrically, it wasn't bad, either--6.5 feet of 10 guage
wire, with a 1/4 inch ring terminal on the alternator end, and a 3/8
inch ring on the starter end.  Two butt splice connectors to tie the
field/warning light and the sense wire to the alternator plug.  Tie
back all the old wires, start the car......

and shut the car off, then trim the bracket that I made just a hair
more to keep the alternator blade from eating it...then start the
car, and...

About 12.8 volts at idle, but at anything off idle I get about 14.5
volts (with a DVM--the dash is just below 15 volts...)

The car snaps right to life now---and the flat spot I had on
acceleration is gone.  How long Have I been driving it this way?!?

Thanks, guys...

BobH