Clutch "Chatter" problem HELP!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch "Chatter" problem HELP!
From: Pat Leask <pleask@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 12:56:19 -0700
I just got back from a ABFM in Bellevue Washington (5 hour drive) and along
the way developed a terrible "Clutch Chatter" when starting up in first gear
and reverse. This did start happening when I went to an ABFM in Portland
(Days drive) almost a year ago but has been okay when driving around town,
perhaps it's just a "Long distance driving thing" ?  Here are some facts to
consider if you can help me please..

I have a TVR 2500M rather than a TR6, but as it is a TR6 running gear I
figure you guys are the best people to ask.. Hope you don't mind <G>

-I used to have the chronic "TR6 Squealing Throw out bearing" with a new BnB
clutch (2 TO bearings in 6 months). Fixed that by a GUNST bearing (fantastic
bearing!) and installed an old Laycock pressure plate and disk about two
years ago as I read that the Laycock was so much better than the BnB.

-If I start up in second gear there is no problem at all, not "Chatter".
Shifting all other gears up and down are fine.

Questions:
-Why is this happening? What is wrong?

-Will the GUNST bearing work with the Borg n Beck clutch? If so, is this a
good combination?

-If a GUNST bearing is not compatible with a BnB clutch what is? What do you
suggest?

-I did an oil change just before I left and over filled it by about a litre
I guess. is it possible some oil leaked out of the rear main seal to the
pressure plate? (No drips when parked)

Many thanks, Pat
Victoria BC