Wiring Harness and Steering Mounts

To: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Wiring Harness and Steering Mounts
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:43:57 -0400
Hi Everybody,  I did the GP steering mounts tonight and a socket type
allen wrench made all the difference.  I tightened each bolt in stages
while using a rubber mallet to keep tapping the mounts outward to make
she they remained tight against the outside of the cross member.  It was
an easy upgrade, but It'll be awhile before I get to try it on the road.

    Second thing I did tonight was install a new main wiring harness.  I
purchased it from TRF.  It did not come with the connector for the PDWA
switch.  My old one is pretty shot.  Are these available anywhere or do
I have to cobble something together?  There is also a difference at the
Horn relay.  The new harness has only a single purple wire with a single
connector, where the old harness had a jumper going from w1 to c2.  Do I
need to add this jumper wire?  I rechecked the number on the harness,
and I did order the correct unit.
                                             Thanks for any help,   John
Mitchell     76 TR6