Re: Steering rack mounting questions

To: John VanNorman <jvannorman@wowway.com>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering rack mounting questions
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 06:24:40 -0700 (PDT)
John,

I'm puzzled when you say the pax wheel is further out
than the driver side.  Does that mean the whole wheel
sticks out further (compared at the fender wells) or
are we talking just the front of the tire?  The
steering rack doesn't really "move" an entire tire in
and out...just the front...and that's really adjusting
the tie rods which extend out from the steering rack.

I went with the solid rack mounts...didn't really
notice the difficulty regarding the allen head screws,
but there were 2 of us...one on top & one underneath.

Todd

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs