Re: Goodparts Diff upgrade

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Goodparts Diff upgrade
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 12:21:18 -0700
Mitch---I'm reasonably certain that the purpose of locking the propshaft
length when using the Toyota 5 speed tranny is to have only one splined
shaft operate, this being the splined tailshaft of the 5 speed. If you
now need to shorten the propshaft to accomodate the Goodparts diff, you
will not have upset anything. Go for it, my friend!

Dick Taylor

From:
ms6453@optonline.net(Mitch Seff)

Hi All,
I'm in the middle of the Goodparts diff replacement & am having trouble
with the driveshaft. Richard says that when used with the Toyota trans
the drive shaft does not have to be shortened. In the toyota trans the
driveshaft is supposed to be locked in the fully extended position. My
question is , do I have to adjust the driveshaft slightly shorter to
adjust for the longer diff , because I can't seem to clear the drive
shaft flange .
Thanks
--
Mitch Seff