RE: green hoses

To: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: green hoses
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 10:12:53 -0700
        John:

        I have had my TRF hoses on the car two years, and no issues yet.
Admittedly, I have only been putting 1,000 miles a year on the car, so
my experience is probably not typical.
        I would expect Moss's hoses to be pretty good, but I used them
only briefly because I wanted to have the authentic green look. I have
since decided that if TRF hoses turn out to be junk, I would try making
my own next. You can get rubber bumper spray paint, and I was thinking
that if I cleaned up some black hoses carefully, I could use rubber
bumper paint to make them green if I was not too fussy about the shade.
This would not get you the correct texture, but you can't have
everything.
        I used rubber bumper paint to recondition my original steering
wheel grip, and all I can say is that stuff is amazing. Tough, sticks
well, and dries fast. You just need to make sure that there is no grease
or oil on the rubber before you spray.

        Vance