re: Windows hitting windshield frame. YIKES.

To: <jattr6@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Windows hitting windshield frame. YIKES.
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:02:11 -0600
James, on my car the drivers side glass is fine but the passenger side
glass touches the windshield.  But it's the windshield that's
misalignned, not the window glass.  If you look from one side of the car
and simultaneously sight the angle of the left and right side of the
windshield and find they are different, there's your problem.  In my
case the top is extremely tight and adjusting the windshield will only
make it worse, so I plan on living with it until I get a new top.  In
the meantime, I make sure the window isn't rolled all the way up.

PS there are basically no adjustments within the door itself that will
fix this problem.  It may be possible to angle the glass in its mount as
others have suggested, I've never tried it.

John - 76 TR6

James wrote:>

....do other people have issue with their windows hitting the windsheild
frame when the windows are rolled all the way up and then trying to shut
the door?

surely there is something that can be done. short of shimming the
w/s...which would cause the seal to be lifted and rain to leak in.

maybe i am out of luck...thoughts?

i did recently take the w/s off - put on a new seal...and tightened
everything down...

seems to be a little more dramatic where the w/s and dorr window meet.

DOH! i will try to tight further now that the seal has been on and
stretched a little.

regardless, the windows always hit the w/s corner. i heard that the
windows are not really adjustable. i seem to remember this too.