Cleaning the engine compartment

To: 6-pack listserve <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cleaning the engine compartment
From: Rick Norris <rnorris1@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:54:26 -0700 (PDT)
I found a question in the email archive regarding how best to clean the engine
compartment without using high pressure spray equipment but was not able to
locate a response to the question so I'm going to ask again.

  How does one remove accumulated oil and dust etc. from under the bonnet? What
about Simple Green or some other solvent? If a solvent/cleaner is sprayed on,
how to remove it? If a garden hose spray is used, does one cover certain
electric components with plastic to keep water out?

  Thanks for any advice!!

  Rick Norris
  CF37597U

Rick Norris