RE: Throw out bearing noise

To: "'michael lunsford'" <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Throw out bearing noise
From: "Andrew Packard" <apackard68@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 14:17:07 -0700
Load the bearing was in reference to the Gunst set up.  If you can hear the
bearing spinning against the clutch fingers, then the clearance wasn't set
correctly.  You see into the bell housing and check the clearance with a
flashlight.  It's possible to adjust the bearing without removing the
tranny, but you have to disconnect the hydraulic lines and push them into
the bell housing to allow the bearing to screw down away from the clutch
fingers.  1/8" is what Herman recommends, I believe.
Andy Packard
With HDVA conversion and clearance issues in the past.