TR6 luggage rack

To: scottpaisley@smartneighborhood.net
Subject: TR6 luggage rack
From: SamuelsMA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 23:11:40 EDT
Scott:

I have a '76 TR6 with a luggage rack that looks quite different from the
aftermarket racks that you see on so many 6's.  I am told that it is  original.

It has front-to-back members that are rectangular, and the ends  are exposed
in a way that shows some sort of non-ferrous metal (aluminum,  perhaps?), while
the other surfaces are covered with some sort of chrome or  stainless steel.
The rear "arch" is rectangular in shape, rather than  rounded.  The rack is
much more substantial than the usual tubular rack  that you see.  I can send a
photo to anyone who wishes.

Any other comments on original vs. aftermarket racks?

Michael
'76 Tahiti Blue
CF 57044U