RE: Moss supercharger

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>,
Subject: RE: Moss supercharger
From: "John Korsak" <jkorsak@cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:14:00 -0500
Overheating is not a problem if your system is in good working condition to
start with.  I installed Sal Vespertino's supercharger (with SU carb) to my
stock 74.  It runs great.
Overheating is not a problem because you only use boost for short periods of
time.  Under normal driving conditions, you are under vacuum conditions like
a normal TR6.  Boost is there if needed for acceleration.  It is the best of
both worlds.  Normal aspiration for normal driving and boost for passing.
Yes, you do need to use premium gas and watch out for detonation, but other
than that, my 6 drives like a stock TR6 until I put my foot into it, and
then it goes.  I don't take it over 3500 to 4000 rpm because I don't need
to.  The torque between 2000 and 3500 is what I want, and I get it.
Sal's kit may not be engineered as well as Moss' kit, but it works for me
and cost less.

John Korsak