RE: Moss supercharger

To: John Korsak <jkorsak@cableone.net>
Subject: RE: Moss supercharger
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 11:26:50 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Again...

Lively topic, here.

Can anyone familiar with the Moss conversion comment on the supercharger
bypass feature on the Eaton M62? I have this setup on my daily drive
(Saturn Ion Redline Quadcoupe) and the bypass feature helps the fuel
economy a LOT (I get 30 mpg at 70 mph steady) - and I realize that without
the bypass you are always on boost (and therefore using more fuel).

Just curious.

As to driving a TR6 - I tend to like the 3000-5000 range. It doesn't seem
to hurt the motor at all... I have tons-o-miles on the street car and have
always (since 1974) driven that way.

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx