Re: Moss supercharger

To: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Moss supercharger
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:35:56 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

Re: supercharging and heat... power == heat. If you build more power, you
need to make sure that the cooling system is up to the task. In the case
of the TR6, just make sure that the cooling system is flushed and that the
radiator is working properly (not more than 10% of the fins blocked).

I have experience with turbos and superchargers going way, way back...
turbos on wierd vehicles (I had a 1966 International Scout 800A with a
turbo and NO wastegate)... 6 pounds of boost is no big deal. Just make
sure that you run adequate fuel and you will get no pinging or knocking.

Now, if you put in a smaller pully and got that baby up to 12 pounds of
boost... :-)

I agree - the unit would look better with a 2" SU, but it's what we got,
so to speak. Kudos to Moss for pushing out new innnovations for cars 30+
years old.

BUT - you can build the same power with less than $3500 with better
valves, cam and a porting job. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx