Re: Moss supercharger cost vs other mods

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>,
Subject: Re: Moss supercharger cost vs other mods
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:42:36 -0700 (PDT)
Vance:

  Your reply made for good reading, Vance. I can always count on you to express
another variation of the old adage, "More is better, and too much is just about
right!" when it comes to horsepower. I'm still learning from you guys! Bolting
on a blower is not on my list of things to do next week, but I have to admit
that it has its appeal, both for perfomance and "cool".

  Another lister who requested I not name him pointed out that the replacement
pulley for the alternator is smaller than the stock pulley. He wondered if the
electrical system would be undercharged, so to speak.

  The appeal of the Moss kit is that an owner with basic tools can install it,
assuming the motor is in good shape. If I already had All The Tools In The
World, I would probably do what you've done. I wonder if there are other blower
kits out there?

  Jim

  (snip)