Re: TR250 Suspension

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR250 Suspension
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 22:36:15 -0700
Dave---You can do as you thought, and bolt the ends of the front bar to
the vertical links. Then swing the bar up against the radiator skid
plate. The U-bolts are 18 inches apart, and come in about two inches
from each end. You may want to take the radiator out to make this job
easier.

On the rear springs, it probably wouldn't have done much good to measure
the old ones anyway. The new ones are surely stiffer ( and maybe a
thicker wire size). Depending on just how much positive camber you now
have, there might be a combination of brackets that can return this
camber to what you want, with the wheels straight up and down or nearly
so. There is a chart shown in many of the Moss catalogues listing the
different combos and the results of the changes, in degrees.

Taking your car for a spin can settle the positive camber somewhat.
Removing the rubber packing spacers will also take out some of this
positive camber.

Dick

From:
davidaschenck@comcast.ne

List,
Two suspension questions:
First, I have a stock TR6 front sway bar and all mounting hardware in my
possession I'd like to add to my 250. My 250's skid plate in the front
is not drilled for the brackets. How do I install the bar? Do I bolt it
to the arms and wherever it is drill the u-bolt holes?
Second, I just replaced the rear springs in my 250 with springs from
TRF. Now my car is bow-legged. I didn't check the height of the new
springs compared to the old springs before installation. I now know I
should have. How tall are the springs supposed to be? Anyone else with a
similar experience?
Thanks!
Dave
Towson, MD