Overdrive question

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overdrive question
From: "Rick" <patton@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 00:47:02 -0400
Hello All,

Today I seek advice from the all powerful List with an overdrive question.
In fact I'm not sure it is an overdrive issue at all. When suddenly
decelerating my car violently hitches, on a gentle decel it is fine. The car
is heavily modified with multi port fuel injection and supercharged so I'm
trying to eliminate things.

Recently there was an overdrive problem with the relief valve plugged and
pressures were way above normal. Matter of fact there was 300psi when
disengaged and 900psi when engaged. The potting that holds the round filter
together is disintegrating and bits of it are floating around in the
transmission/overdrive.

The hitching is really quite violent almost locking up the rear wheels. Is
it possible that the overdrive is doing this? I'm not sure what the function
of the sprague clutch is but could it be locking up? Am I way off base?
Guess it could be a rear end issue but that feels fine and is quiet. Any
thoughts?

This is a pressing matter as it has finally stopped raining in the
northeast!

Rick Patton
http://topshamautoparts.com/tr6/