Supplemental Oil Line

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Supplemental Oil Line
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 18:57:59 -0700
 Saul---Some of the reasons I heard for NOT using this oil line include:
a) Too much oil to the rockers end up getting  get sucked down the valve
guides.

b) It's better for all available oil to go to more critical parts of the
engine.

c) You already have yours, so initial cost can't be included here.

To see if the stock oil supply system is doing it's job, remove and plug
the supply source for the supplemental line.

Remove the rocker cover.
Cover the sides of the engine with newspaper, or something. You'll see
why...
When you start the engine, oil should be seen weeping out of all of the
rockers. Check especially the farthest, #1 exhaust valve rocker.

Dick

From:
sadelman@woh.rr.com(Saul W. Adelman)

Hi 6-packers,
I am using the supplemental oil line to the head of my car. Over the
past several months I have read the group in general recommends not
using it due to creating "problems."
I am wondering what these problems are because I am thinking about
removing the line. I am not sure if I am helping or hurting my engine,
etc by using this. Any recommendations and reasons for NOT using this
would be helpful.
Best Regards,
Saul W. Adelman
'76 TR6 Mimosa