RE: Supplemental Oil Line

To: "Saul W. Adelman" <sadelman@woh.rr.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Supplemental Oil Line
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 21:47:50 -0700
        Saul:

        The main issue is that oil consumption and smoking can go up.
The TR6 does not run valve stem seals, so too much oil on the top end
causes oil to run down the valve stems and get burned. Some people run
them without issues, but on older motors the incidence of smoking seems
to go up.
        I also feel that it is preferable to get as much oil to the
bottom end as possible, as it is expen$ive to service, whereas worn out
rockers are easy and cheap to service. The supplemental oil lines steal
oil from the bottom end and deliver it to the top end. If there is a
shortage of oil, which part of the motor would you want to save, and
which part would you want to sacrifice?

        Vance