Re: clutch judder

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: clutch judder
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 16:36:40 -0700
Mike---This is usually a sign of a worn out clutch, but since you didn't
have this before the engine was out, try slipping the clutch. There
might be some foreign substance on the flywheel, or clutch faces that
you can (get lucky and) burn off.

If you end up having to remove the tranny, see if the three dowels were
in place to align  the flywheel and clutch.

Dick

From:
meberg@peoplepc.com(mike)

I just finished a engine rebuild with the engine out of the car. after
getting everything back together the engine runs good but I have a real
bad clutch judder. When I take off the whole car shakes. I did not have
this before. what will I have to do to fix the clutch judder? Appreciate
any comments and thoughts on the shaking car problem.
Thanks
Mike Ellenburg
74 TR6
North Carolina