RE: clutch judder

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: clutch judder
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 15:30:18 -0400
I think those dowels (the ones at 2-oclock and 8-oclock) are just
dowels, not bolts and indeed they do get the gearbox and engine into the
correct alignment. There is a lot of potential slop if these dowels are
missing and they are replaced with plain bolts.

I got mine from Moss but they seem to be listed as N/A currently. TRF
says they are current, 99 cents each, part number DP612 or just use some
3/8th drill bits to keep things aligned while you tighten up the bolts.

It was never clear to me if all cars had them or only some. I have heard
of poor alignment causing release bearing issues, I don't know if that
translated into judder. With a newly built system I would be wondering
about that clutch plate being in backwards...........

Stan