Re: Front anti sway bar

To: Steve Lindquist <lindquistse@charter.net>
Subject: Re: Front anti sway bar
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 10:17:21 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Steve Lindquist wrote:

> I am planning to add a front anti sway bar to my TR250.   Lots of
> choices out there, from 11/16 inch bars to 7/8  inch diameters.
> I 'm just looking for the car to respond better to the pothole hits and
> body roll when a truck passes me on the interstate.
> Suggestions/ experiences welcome.  If I add a front antisway am I going
> to want to add a rear as well, so best to plan ahead?

The choice is yours. You will reduce body roll with just a front bar. 3/4"
is a nice choice, not too much stiffness (which would make the car push).

You do not need a rear bar, the factory TR6 setup is with just a front
bar. The stock setup is a tad soft, IMHO, which is why I suggest the 3/4"
bar.

If you decide to do a rear bar, get the 3/4" rear and use the 7/8" front
(ADDCO) OR buy the beautiful pieces from GoodParts. I have both (ADDCO on
the street car, GoodParts on the race car). The Addco bars are
non-adjustable (that's not completely true, but close enough for this
conversation) whereas the GoodParts bars are ajustable right out of the
box.

I love the front/rear bar setup, as you can easily rotate the car for
turn-in or mid-corner correction. The one drawback to this setup is that
you really need to pay attention in the wet. =:-0 It's not scary, but if
you are jerky on the controls, the car can get loose or tight depending on
where you are transferring the weight.

But a front bar is a def. must do for any TR Triumph that doesn't have
one. The rest of the upgrades are optional.

> Thanks, Steve

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489