RE: OD sump gasket

To: "John Mitchell" <jmitch@snet.net>,
Subject: RE: OD sump gasket
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 07:38:52 -0700
        Mitchell:

        The J-Type shares the oil with the tranny, so when you remove
the sump, most of the tranny oil will drain out as well. Use a little
Hylomar sealant on both sides of the gasket when you replace it.
        As I recall, the bolts pass through holes in the gasket, so it
is the gasket that prevents the oil from leaking out around the bolts.
Be sure to use fresh lock washers so that the bolts don't back out.

        Vance