miata seats

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: miata seats
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 18:46:14 EDT
I've been looking forward to replacing my worn out stock seats with seats
from a Miata, and I finally found a nice pair at a reasonable price.  I've
tried
everything I can think of to get the seats low enough in the car for me to
feel like I'm not perched on top of it rather than in it.  Also, the seats are
too tall to use a Tonneau cover, which I rely on heavily.  Has anyone figured
this out?  I've fabricated mounting brackets similar to the templates found on
the internet which use the miata sliders, and I've even fabricated brackets
which use the TR sliders.  The front of the seat is Ok height, but the rear of
the seat is just too high (I'm 6'1").  It's a shame because these seats are
incredibly comfortable and supportive as compared to the stock seats.  I guess
could use the sawz-all and cut a chunk out of the bottoms of the seats, but
that would be a real chore to do right, and would make sliding the seat tough.
Any solutions? Other donor seats work well?  Does anyone want to buy some Miata
seats?  I really don't want to spend $600.00 rebuilding these TR seats
Joe Davis