RE: seat tracks

To: <SamuelsMA@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: seat tracks
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 07:48:12 -0700
        Michael:

        I am 5'11" tall, and I find that there is plenty of leg room. I
suspect that the seats have been installed incorrectly at some point in
the past. It is easy to do, because they do not install in an intuitive
manner.
        For starters, the seats tip forward, and the pivot points are
not symmetric; There are two holes in the seat frame on each side for
the pivot to go through, and the natural thing to do is to use the same
hole on both sides. In fact this is incorrect. The correct method is to
use the rear most hole on the tranny side of the seat, and the forward
most hole on the door side of the seat.
        Likewise for the bolts that mount the frame to the floor (I am a
bit fuzzier on the details here...) I recall that you do not install the
frame so that the mounting points are symmetric from side to side. If
you do, the fore/aft travel on the seat is very limited. I do not recall
the correct way to install them (I did it over a year ago) but I do
remember that there was more than one way they would fit, but of course
only one way really worked.
        Sorry I can't be more specific. You will need to carefully check
the way your seats are installed. I can fully extend my left leg to
depress the clutch all the way to the floor, and I still have an inch or
two of rear travel on the seat adjuster.

        Vance